Audio electronics maker SuperTooth has unveiled new Bluetooth headphones that can pair with other devices via NFC. The over-the-ear Freedom headphones, shown at CTIA this week, have a battery life of up to 15 hours and include controls to play, pause, change volume and change track. The headphones will be available this summer for US$149 in white, black or blue.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale