Oberthur Technologies’ Dragonfly NFC SIM has received certification from MasterCard and Visa. The Dragonfly, which includes an “NFC Turbo Engine” hardware accelerator designed to shorten transaction times, is being tested by Thailand’s largest mobile network operator in a public transport and payments pilot.
- Hyundai’s Contactless Car launches at London’s King’s Cross station
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip