Oberthur Technologies’ Dragonfly NFC SIM has received certification from MasterCard and Visa. The Dragonfly, which includes an “NFC Turbo Engine” hardware accelerator designed to shorten transaction times, is being tested by Thailand’s largest mobile network operator in a public transport and payments pilot.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers