Oberthur Technologies’ Dragonfly NFC SIM has received certification from MasterCard and Visa. The Dragonfly, which includes an “NFC Turbo Engine” hardware accelerator designed to shorten transaction times, is being tested by Thailand’s largest mobile network operator in a public transport and payments pilot.
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain
- Harris Poll: PayPal leads mobile payment brands, yet up-and-comers making brand equity gains
- MTN Benin and Youtap launch MoMoPay contactless payments for MTN Benin Mobile Money customers
- Meet NFC World partners at Money20/20 Europe
- Mastercard and Western Union explore digital model for refugee camps