Oberthur Technologies’ Dragonfly NFC SIM has received certification from MasterCard and Visa. The Dragonfly, which includes an “NFC Turbo Engine” hardware accelerator designed to shorten transaction times, is being tested by Thailand’s largest mobile network operator in a public transport and payments pilot.
- Spanish winemaker uses NFC in major promotional campaign
- AIB celebrates Apple Pay launch with €0.01 ice cream cones
- How facial recognition could replace train tickets
- Convenience store Cheers opens first unmanned, cashless outlet
- Visa chasing Indian payments market as mobile money gains traction