Russian telecoms operator MTS has chosen Gemalto’s UpTeq NFC SIM cards for its public transport ticketing system in Novosibirsk. “As NFC technology moves beyond the realms of contactless payment, transportation is emerging as one of the most important applications, and our Upteq NFC SIM is the ideal platform to deploy a wider range of services in the future,” says Thierry Mesnard, senior vice president at Gemalto.
- Tappy adds biometric security to wearable payments devices
- Alipay demonstrates offline QR payments for public transport fares
- GlobalPlatform reports growth in secure element shipments
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week