Apple has been granted a patent for System and method for simplified data transfer, which describes a system for simplifying the task of syncing devices and choosing which files to share between them. The “Grab & Go” patent describes in detail how NFC could be used to enable Apple devices to synchronised easily and was applied for in 2009.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit