Social media junkies with Windows Phone 8 handsets can download a new app from a US-based startup that allows them to record each time they bump into a friend via NFC. BumpedN2 users tap their phones together the first time they meet and can then simply touch an image of their friend on following visits. The app, developed by Fidare, keeps a record of all meetings and can post these as updates to Facebook and Twitter.
- Softbank-backed PayPay to update mobile payments app ‘after wrongful charge complaints’
- 7-Eleven to open unmanned convenience stores in Japan
- Hyundai to let drivers unlock cars with their fingerprint
- UN agency to pilot biometric cards for migrants
- German savings banks press Apple to open up its NFC chip