Social media junkies with Windows Phone 8 handsets can download a new app from a US-based startup that allows them to record each time they bump into a friend via NFC. BumpedN2 users tap their phones together the first time they meet and can then simply touch an image of their friend on following visits. The app, developed by Fidare, keeps a record of all meetings and can post these as updates to Facebook and Twitter.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India