Residents of the United Arab Emirates will soon be able to renew their Emirates ID cards using just their NFC phone, Gulf News reports. The service is currently being pilot tested, is due to go live by the end of 2013 and “will act as a precursor to a host of other official services becoming available through smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.”
- WhatsApp Payments to launch in UK, Mexico and Brazil?
- German consumers warm to contactless payments
- Carrefour tests biometric payments at point of sale
- Facebook to offer WhatsApp payments in Africa?
- Shenzhen Metro tests face recognition payments