Residents of the United Arab Emirates will soon be able to renew their Emirates ID cards using just their NFC phone, Gulf News reports. The service is currently being pilot tested, is due to go live by the end of 2013 and “will act as a precursor to a host of other official services becoming available through smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?