Residents of the United Arab Emirates will soon be able to renew their Emirates ID cards using just their NFC phone, Gulf News reports. The service is currently being pilot tested, is due to go live by the end of 2013 and “will act as a precursor to a host of other official services becoming available through smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices.”
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?