Payments network China UnionPay has officially launched CUP Wallet, an NFC-based mobile wallet platform which eight Chinese banks have committed to supporting. The new service will support a range of offers linked to credit card spending, China UnionPay says.
- Some Bitcoin backers are defecting to create a rival currency
- Bank of America and PayPal partner to enable in-store payments and account linking
- TransferWise links with Apple Pay globally
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists