There are now 36 different mobile phones that support NFC payments on the market in France, up from 26 in February 2013, the AFSCM reports, and a total of 3.5m consumers now have a Cityzi compatible NFC phone, up from 2.5m in February. “We see a real acceleration of NFC equipment rate at the national level, making it now possible to deploy large scale services leveraging this technology” says Thibault Dreuille, the association’s CEO.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program