Cinemagoers in the Australian regions of Victoria and New South Wales won free gifts for interacting through NFC thanks to a promotion run by Nokia and NFC platform provider Tapit. Visitors were encouraged to tap NFC enabled Nokia handsets to NFC lanyards worn by theatre staff for a chance to win, resulting in 1,535 interactions over 96 hours and delivering 242 prizes, says Tapit.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills