The World Swimming Championships, currently taking place in Barcelona, is using Connecthings’ AdTag platform to promote the event and make information available to spectators. More than 600 NFC tags have been placed across the Spanish city, allowing visitors to obtain the latest results, the competition schedule and download the accompanying app.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone