The World Swimming Championships, currently taking place in Barcelona, is using Connecthings’ AdTag platform to promote the event and make information available to spectators. More than 600 NFC tags have been placed across the Spanish city, allowing visitors to obtain the latest results, the competition schedule and download the accompanying app.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit