The US Postal Service is offering marketers a 2% discount if they incorporate NFC, 2D barcodes or augmented reality in their direct mail campaigns between August 1 and September 30, reports Direct Marketing News. On the topic of NFC, VP of new products and innovation Gary Reblin said: “Market penetration may take some time, but it’s a natural fit, with the way consumers interact with their mobile phones and direct mail.”
- Dublin churches pilot contactless collections
- Hong Kong rolls out tap-to-collect travel rebate system
- Apple Pay to go live in Saudi Arabia this week?
- Visa reports 80% drop in card-present fraud at US chip-enabled merchants
- Barclays to let UK merchants accept payments direct from customers’ bank accounts