The US Postal Service is offering marketers a 2% discount if they incorporate NFC, 2D barcodes or augmented reality in their direct mail campaigns between August 1 and September 30, reports Direct Marketing News. On the topic of NFC, VP of new products and innovation Gary Reblin said: “Market penetration may take some time, but it’s a natural fit, with the way consumers interact with their mobile phones and direct mail.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole