Google has not included a secure element in the new version of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google’s Peter Hazlehurst has told Android Police, and the tablet is not therefore able to support Google Wallet NFC payments. The device does, however, support NFC read/write capabilities via Android Beam. The HTC One Play Edition also does not include an embedded SE, Hazlehurst added.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain