Google has not included a secure element in the new version of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google’s Peter Hazlehurst has told Android Police, and the tablet is not therefore able to support Google Wallet NFC payments. The device does, however, support NFC read/write capabilities via Android Beam. The HTC One Play Edition also does not include an embedded SE, Hazlehurst added.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes