Google has not included a secure element in the new version of its Nexus 7 tablet, Google’s Peter Hazlehurst has told Android Police, and the tablet is not therefore able to support Google Wallet NFC payments. The device does, however, support NFC read/write capabilities via Android Beam. The HTC One Play Edition also does not include an embedded SE, Hazlehurst added.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents