The Hôtel de Ville in Paris, the largest municipal building in Europe and home to the French capital’s city council, has introduced NFC and QR-enabled signage developed by Connecthings. Tapping or scanning a sign enables visitors to download an app they can use to get step by step directions to individual offices and other locations within the building.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions