A launch date of 2 September 2013 has been set for the NFC payments pilot to be run by three major banks — ABN Amro, ING and Rabobank — and mobile network operator KPN in the Dutch city of Leiden. Full project details are to be announced on 29 August.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India