Fans, nicknamed “Cheeseheads”, will be able to tap their phones to the new NFCheese merchandise to access audio and video updates from Green Bay player DuJuan Harris throughout the 2013 season. The US$9.75 keyring and US$12.50 necklace are available to purchase online and at local retailers.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency