Japanese developer Kokodas has introduced an Android time and attendance app that can be used to record when people check in and out of a location with contactless cards and a Google Nexus 7. Users can “bring their own cards” by using a travel pass, student ID or other contactless card to identify themselves to the tablet. The USB TimeClock app sends time records in Excel or CSV format in an encrypted zip file via email at the end of a chosen period of time.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit