Japanese developer Kokodas has introduced an Android time and attendance app that can be used to record when people check in and out of a location with contactless cards and a Google Nexus 7. Users can “bring their own cards” by using a travel pass, student ID or other contactless card to identify themselves to the tablet. The USB TimeClock app sends time records in Excel or CSV format in an encrypted zip file via email at the end of a chosen period of time.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card