Wireless communications specialist Sistelnetworks has demonstrated how its vWand NFC stylus could be used to help sufferers of Alzheimer’s disease. The project, which has been tested at MBDS facilities at the University of Nice, enables patients to use the vWand to revisit personal memories triggered by NFC tags and see them on their preferred screen. A pilot is planned at a retirement home in Grasse.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments