Sri Lankan mobile network operator Dialog has expanded its contactless fuel payment card service to include NFC stickers that can be affixed to phones, wallets and keyrings, Lanka Business Today reports. “This is the next phase in the development of NFC technology and will pave the way to offer a wider range of services to Sri Lankan consumers”, says Fariq Cader, Dialog Axiata’s senior general manager for mobile money and payments.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents