Sri Lankan mobile network operator Dialog has expanded its contactless fuel payment card service to include NFC stickers that can be affixed to phones, wallets and keyrings, Lanka Business Today reports. “This is the next phase in the development of NFC technology and will pave the way to offer a wider range of services to Sri Lankan consumers”, says Fariq Cader, Dialog Axiata’s senior general manager for mobile money and payments.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology