Mobile payments startup Gust Pay provided NFC wristbands to festival-goers at last weekend’s Rocking The Daisies music and lifestyle festival in South Africa. Attendees were able to use the wristbands for cashless payments across the festival site near Cape Town, and the company’s Event Intelligence service was used to provide analytic data.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service