Mobile payments startup Gust Pay provided NFC wristbands to festival-goers at last weekend’s Rocking The Daisies music and lifestyle festival in South Africa. Attendees were able to use the wristbands for cashless payments across the festival site near Cape Town, and the company’s Event Intelligence service was used to provide analytic data.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa