Mobile payments startup Gust Pay provided NFC wristbands to festival-goers at last weekend’s Rocking The Daisies music and lifestyle festival in South Africa. Attendees were able to use the wristbands for cashless payments across the festival site near Cape Town, and the company’s Event Intelligence service was used to provide analytic data.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments