Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- English churches to trial contactless donations this summer ahead of wider roll out
- ‘Connected finance’ app Curve hits £50m spend ahead of UK launch
- Venmo is testing its own physical debit card
- Google is running a massive Android Pay promo in Australia with 200,000 prizes worth $1.6 million
- Rakbank is the first bank in the Middle East to introduce Samsung Pay solutions for its ATMs