Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program