Canadian mobile network operator Telus is to begin making NFC SIMs available to subscribers on 10 October, according to an internal document seen by Mobile Syrup, marking the start of its NFC rollout. Subscribers will need a BlackBerry Bold 9900 or Samsung Galaxy S III to use the service at launch and will need to pay C$15 for an NFC SIM. “Additional details on eligible banks will be made available upon service launch,” the document says.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments