Toshiba has demonstrated a touchscreen kiosk that combines a wireless charging station, NFC reader and fast data transfer technology TransferJet at the Ceatac 2013 tradeshow. The demo showed how consumers could pay and pair via NFC and then download digital content via a TransferJet micro USB dongle attached to their phone, Engadget reports. TransferJet can transfer an hour of video content in a matter of seconds.
- EU offers issuers extra time to implement strong customer authentication
- Public Transport Victoria reports strong takeup for Mobile myki transit cards
- US Payments Forum sets out best practices for growing contactless payments adoption
- National Bank of Kuwait claims world first with contactless metal Visa credit card
- Phoenix Suns to provide basketball fans with mobile payments and NFC ticketing at Talking Stick Resort Arena