Chinese phone manufacturer Umi is to introduce two Android 4.2 smartphones with NFC. The Umi X2S features an eight-core processor and a 5-inch 1080p display while the Umi Cross is a 6.44-inch Full HD phablet. The Cross will be available from the start of November 2013 at around £300.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service