Dubai residents will be able to pay taxi fares using a prepaid Smart Nol transit card stored on their NFC SIM from January 2014, the city’s Roads and Transport Authority has announced. Etisalat and Du subscribers have been able to pay via NFC for public transportation since September 2013.
- UK government begins testing iPhone NFC passport reading
- Crédit Agricole pilots biometric bank cards
- Mattel adds NFC to Hot Wheels racing cars
- Android Q to let users log into Wi-Fi networks via NFC, QR or Bluetooth LE
- Chinese retailers shutter unmanned stores as ‘novelty wears off’