Hong Kong ATM network provider Jetco is to offer NFC payments using an add-on device that plugs into the headphone jack of a standard smartphone, the South China Morning Post reports. Five of Jetco’s thirty member banks have signed up for the service and Bank of China (Hong Kong) is set to be the first to pilot the platform later this year, alongside its existing BOC e-Wallet NFC service.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?