Traditional tickets were replaced with NFC badges at this year’s New York Comic Con and staff were provided with Google Nexus 7 NFC tablets that could be used to check them. The system, supplied by event ticketing specialist ShowClix, “was the most successful entry experience in the history of New York Comic Con,” said event organiser ReedPop’s Lance Fensterman.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works