Australia’s Bankmecu and card issuer Cuscal have completed an NFC payment sticker trial, enabling consumers to make contactless payments at Visa payWave terminals using a smart sticker stuck to their phone. Bankmecu now plans to further test the service before launching it to its wider cardholder base in the next few months. People’s Choice Credit Union will also test the service and Cuscal says it is in discussions with additional clients.
- Italian rail operator to pilot barrier-free transit ticketing
- XYZ to adopt finger vein payments at co-working cafe
- Manchester reports on open loop contactless ticketing adoption
- EMVCo to support eight-digit Issuer Identification Numbers from 2021
- MTA reports ‘much higher’ than expected Omny contactless transit payments adoption in New York