NFC device maker Famoco has raised a US$1million finance round from two venture capital funds. “After two years of research and development of the business in Asia, this new investment will help Famoco to continue opening new markets in EMEA,” says CEO and co-founder Lionel Baraban. In October the company launched its FX 100, a lockable NFC device aimed at business use.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users