NFC device maker Famoco has raised a US$1million finance round from two venture capital funds. “After two years of research and development of the business in Asia, this new investment will help Famoco to continue opening new markets in EMEA,” says CEO and co-founder Lionel Baraban. In October the company launched its FX 100, a lockable NFC device aimed at business use.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’