Oberthur Technologies has launched ‘ID-One PIV for eSE’, a software solution that enables US federal government personal identity verification (PIV) credentials to be stored on an embedded NFC secure element, allowing mobile phones to be used for logical and physical access control instead of smart cards. Oberthur’s Pearl embedded secure elements can be found in devices including the Xiaomi Mi3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments
- Mahindra Comviva explores the evolution of digital payments in India
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India