Oberthur Technologies has launched ‘ID-One PIV for eSE’, a software solution that enables US federal government personal identity verification (PIV) credentials to be stored on an embedded NFC secure element, allowing mobile phones to be used for logical and physical access control instead of smart cards. Oberthur’s Pearl embedded secure elements can be found in devices including the Xiaomi Mi3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security