Contactless technology specialist On Track Innovations has signed a contract to provide US$10m worth of NFC readers with “one of its US channel partners who primarily serves the unattended retail market in North America.” An initial 40,000 readers are due to be shipped by the end of 2013. The order is additional to a 30,000 unit US order received in May.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected