Contactless technology specialist On Track Innovations has signed a contract to provide US$10m worth of NFC readers with “one of its US channel partners who primarily serves the unattended retail market in North America.” An initial 40,000 readers are due to be shipped by the end of 2013. The order is additional to a 30,000 unit US order received in May.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones