Contactless technology specialist On Track Innovations has signed a contract to provide US$10m worth of NFC readers with “one of its US channel partners who primarily serves the unattended retail market in North America.” An initial 40,000 readers are due to be shipped by the end of 2013. The order is additional to a 30,000 unit US order received in May.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users