The NFC Experience at the GSMA’s Mobile World Congress will be expanded in 2014, allowing NFC phones to be used for venue access, catering and networking as well as “demonstrations of the latest NFC and products and services in applications including retail, online commerce and transport.” NFC badges stored on phones will again be used for quick access to the Fira Gran Via venue and, for the first time, to allow entry to the conference facilities in Hall 4.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards