The NFC Experience at the GSMA’s Mobile World Congress will be expanded in 2014, allowing NFC phones to be used for venue access, catering and networking as well as “demonstrations of the latest NFC and products and services in applications including retail, online commerce and transport.” NFC badges stored on phones will again be used for quick access to the Fira Gran Via venue and, for the first time, to allow entry to the conference facilities in Hall 4.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain