Inside Secure has redesigned its dual-interface VaultIC 150/150D security module to include a new privacy mode which requires strong authentication to access its contents, complying with the ‘silent by design’ philosophy of the Internet of Things community. The chip, which comes in formats that include NFC tags, can be used to guard against counterfeiting and cloning and, with its field-detect capability and the 150D’s dual interfaces, can act as “a low-cost secure bridge for medical and communications equipment.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole