STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills