Startup Bluenio is raising funds on Kickstarter for a connected NFC card that links with the owner’s smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 to enable a wide range of functions including two factor authentication, mobile keys and fitness tracking. The nio Card will come with 2GB of on-board storage, a USB rechargeable battery and a variety of sensors and will sound an alarm if the owner’s phone and card are separated.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes