Startup Bluenio is raising funds on Kickstarter for a connected NFC card that links with the owner’s smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 to enable a wide range of functions including two factor authentication, mobile keys and fitness tracking. The nio Card will come with 2GB of on-board storage, a USB rechargeable battery and a variety of sensors and will sound an alarm if the owner’s phone and card are separated.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case