Startup Bluenio is raising funds on Kickstarter for a connected NFC card that links with the owner’s smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 to enable a wide range of functions including two factor authentication, mobile keys and fitness tracking. The nio Card will come with 2GB of on-board storage, a USB rechargeable battery and a variety of sensors and will sound an alarm if the owner’s phone and card are separated.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK