Startup Bluenio is raising funds on Kickstarter for a connected NFC card that links with the owner’s smartphone via Bluetooth 4.0 to enable a wide range of functions including two factor authentication, mobile keys and fitness tracking. The nio Card will come with 2GB of on-board storage, a USB rechargeable battery and a variety of sensors and will sound an alarm if the owner’s phone and card are separated.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands