NFC specialist Nexperts will demonstrate Host Card Emulation, Google’s recently announced feature for Android 4.4 ‘Kitkat’ that eliminates the need for a physical NFC secure element, at Cartes 2013. A contactless payment transaction will be shown on an existing NFC-enabled POS terminal using the new method.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers