Some 930m contactless smart cards will be shipped in 2013, an increase of 41% on 2012, Eurosmart has reported at Cartes 2013. The smart security industry trade body expects around 250m NFC secure elements to ship this year.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes