Some 930m contactless smart cards will be shipped in 2013, an increase of 41% on 2012, Eurosmart has reported at Cartes 2013. The smart security industry trade body expects around 250m NFC secure elements to ship this year.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case