Mappy Local Business, a new division of French online mapping service Mappy, is to distribute NFC and QR window stickers that provide quick access to its online local information platform. An initial 1,000 stickers will be displayed in participating Paris stores and plans call for a total of 200,000 to be distributed nationwide in all. Mappy is using Connecthings’ AdTag platform to manage the service.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit