Beer mats containing NFC tags are being used by Dutch online shopping platform MyOrder to promote and offer easy downloads of its smartphone app. The beer mats, supplied by NFC Support, are being used throughout the city of Leiden where NFC payments are currently being piloted. “The NFC beer mats are unique in the Netherlands,” says NFC Support owner Tristan de Haas.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets