Parking and transportation ticketing equipment supplier IEM is to bring NFC payments to an initial 1,000 solar powered ‘pay and display’ parking ticket machines in France, using UIC’s UIC680 low power payments module. Motorists will be able to pay for parking with a range of contactless cards or their NFC phone. Presto Pay NFC will then be gradually added to around 5,000 machines in other European countries, IEM’s Phillipe Menaud told NFC World.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’