Parking and transportation ticketing equipment supplier IEM is to bring NFC payments to an initial 1,000 solar powered ‘pay and display’ parking ticket machines in France, using UIC’s UIC680 low power payments module. Motorists will be able to pay for parking with a range of contactless cards or their NFC phone. Presto Pay NFC will then be gradually added to around 5,000 machines in other European countries, IEM’s Phillipe Menaud told NFC World.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents