Danish jewellery designer Shamballa Jewels is to add an NFC and QR-based anti-counterfeiting solution to all its products from next year. Product Alive was developed by NFC Danmark and enables consumers and businesses to check the authenticity of a product, as well as when and where it was bought, by scanning or tapping a tag attached to the item. “Between five and ten brands will adopt Product Alive by the end of this year,” says the company’s Søren Kragh.
- ST ships its one billionth secure element
- IMF sees negative interest rates in cashless future
- Analysts: 43% of iPhone users have now enabled Apple Pay
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers