The US Department of Defense is considering using NFC for mobile device authentication, reports Federal News Radio. “We’ve worked with Google, Samsung, a number of different folks, and we’re working on an NSA assessment,” the Defense Manpower Data Center’s Michael Butler says. “It’s really pretty simple technically. It’s really making all the standards work and getting all the standards folks to agree with it that’s the hard part.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?