The US Department of Defense is considering using NFC for mobile device authentication, reports Federal News Radio. “We’ve worked with Google, Samsung, a number of different folks, and we’re working on an NSA assessment,” the Defense Manpower Data Center’s Michael Butler says. “It’s really pretty simple technically. It’s really making all the standards work and getting all the standards folks to agree with it that’s the hard part.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works