The US Department of Defense is considering using NFC for mobile device authentication, reports Federal News Radio. “We’ve worked with Google, Samsung, a number of different folks, and we’re working on an NSA assessment,” the Defense Manpower Data Center’s Michael Butler says. “It’s really pretty simple technically. It’s really making all the standards work and getting all the standards folks to agree with it that’s the hard part.”
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole