Mobile payments specialist Seamless has appointed two industry veterans to assist in establishing its Seqr NFC and QR payments platform in the US. Former Giesecke & Devrient director Emilian Elefteratos and payments executive Kenny Douglas will head the new US division. The additions come just weeks after Seamless announced the adoption of Seqr by McDonald’s restaurants in Belgium.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends