Mobile payments specialist Seamless has appointed two industry veterans to assist in establishing its Seqr NFC and QR payments platform in the US. Former Giesecke & Devrient director Emilian Elefteratos and payments executive Kenny Douglas will head the new US division. The additions come just weeks after Seamless announced the adoption of Seqr by McDonald’s restaurants in Belgium.
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions