Australian telco Telstra has teamed up with Tapit to enable revellers to download a New Year’s Eve app by tapping NFC tags located at 1,100 Telstra phone boxes and on lanyards worn by 1,300 retail staff. Consumers will use the app to connect with family and friends at midnight as well as submit a text message that could end up being projected onto the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands