The developers of a wristband that features three embedded NFC chips are seeking US$10,000 to put it into production. The Haloband will work with an Android app that allows the user to assign multiple functions — depending on the order in which the tags are tapped — to two of the chips, while the third is used for accessing information stored in a personal cloud account.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents