The developers of a wristband that features three embedded NFC chips are seeking US$10,000 to put it into production. The Haloband will work with an Android app that allows the user to assign multiple functions — depending on the order in which the tags are tapped — to two of the chips, while the third is used for accessing information stored in a personal cloud account.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups