The developers of a wristband that features three embedded NFC chips are seeking US$10,000 to put it into production. The Haloband will work with an Android app that allows the user to assign multiple functions — depending on the order in which the tags are tapped — to two of the chips, while the third is used for accessing information stored in a personal cloud account.
- Wireless startup uses NFC smart packaging to heat pre-packaged food and drinks
- Hong Kong links QR codes to faster payments to boost mobile wallet adoption
- Japanese bank pilots blockchain mobile payments in bars and restaurants
- Armani launches Wear OS smartwatch with NFC payments
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements