Oberthur Technologies’ Pearl embedded secure element has received certification from American Express. Pearl is also approved by MasterCard and Google and can be found in devices including the Xiaomi Mi3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes