Oberthur Technologies’ Pearl embedded secure element has received certification from American Express. Pearl is also approved by MasterCard and Google and can be found in devices including the Xiaomi Mi3 and the Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability