Chinese phone maker Pomp has launched the Pomp C6, an NFC smartphone running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on a 1.5GHz quad core processor with 2GB RAM. The handset features both 13 megapixel rear and 8 megapixel front facing cameras along with a 5.5-inch full HD 1920×1080 display. The device packs 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 and is available to purchase for around US$288.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service