Chinese phone maker Pomp has launched the Pomp C6, an NFC smartphone running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on a 1.5GHz quad core processor with 2GB RAM. The handset features both 13 megapixel rear and 8 megapixel front facing cameras along with a 5.5-inch full HD 1920×1080 display. The device packs 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 and is available to purchase for around US$288.
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform