German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. “With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system,” the company says. “This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers.”
- Rail passengers pilot Bluetooth and geolocation service for ticket-free travel
- Chinese to get cash using face recognition ATMs
- Consumers to personalise makeup and perfume with electronic ink and NFC packaging
- Next iPhone to include facial or gesture recognition?
- Test for European Central Bank mobile P2P platform