German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. “With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system,” the company says. “This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers.”
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year