German payments technology provider Wirecard has added support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to its mobile wallet platform. “With BLE, the Wirecard Mobile Wallet communicates directly with the point-of-sale system,” the company says. “This then enables it to also offer a wide range of services that add value for customers in the fields of loyalty, vouchers and personalised offers.”
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?