Canada’s CIBC bank has expanded availability of its CIBC Mobile Payment app to include owners of Samsung Galaxy S III, S4, Note II and HTC One Android NFC phones, enabling a wider range of customers to make NFC payments. The service was launched in November 2012 with support for Blackberry Bold 9900 and Curve 9360 NFC phones and expanded in October 2013 to include the Blackberry Z10.
- Google Pay rolls out Gmail integration that lets users automatically import tickets, coupons and loyalty cards from email
- McDonald’s integrates Alipay mobile payments and rewards into Hong Kong app
- ST webinar explores the potential of Type 5 NFC tags — watch it now
- Queensland rolls out contactless driving licences
- Vietnam tops global growth for mobile payments