iPhone users will be able to participate in the NFC Experience at Mobile World Congress for the first time this year, courtesy of free NFC iPhone cases being made available by event sponsor Incipio that will provide support for NFC entry badges as well as a range of promotional offers and information services.
The Cashwrap cases for iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and 5S variants will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis from a number of distribution points across the event — while stocks last.
The NFC badge is integrated into the GSMA Mobile World Congress app, enabling visitors to gain faster entry to the venue and individual conference sessions by cutting out the need to show photo ID.
Other new features of this year’s NFC Experience, which was used by 10,500 MWC visitors in 2013, include:
- Exchange contact details with new connections using the NFC peer-to-peer connect feature in the GSMA Mobile App.
- Redeem food purchase coupons via NFC at catering outlets, using the the food feature in the GSMA Mobile App.
- Win beer at the NFC Beer o’Clock giveaway in the upper walkway networking gardens.
- Hunt for NFC tags as part of an m-health NFC treasure hunt.
- Discover products and services using NFC technology in the GSMA Connected City exhibit.
- Use NFC Tap-n-Go points across the venue to get access to conference programmes, networking activities, event news and more.
Cashwrap iPhone cases will be distributed at Incipio’s stand — CS100 — as well as Hall One registration and the north and south entrances to the event.