Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner’s keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit “a loud tone” when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were “seen” on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands