Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner’s keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit “a loud tone” when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were “seen” on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service