Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner’s keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit “a loud tone” when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were “seen” on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology