Nokia has introduced bright plastic tags that can be attached to a Lumia smartphone owner’s keys, bag, wallet and other valuables and emit “a loud tone” when they become separated from the phone. Additionally, an app can pinpoint the last place up to four paired Treasure Tags were “seen” on a map. The 30mm by 30mm by 10mm tags cost US$29.90 each, have a six month battery life and can be paired with a smartphone via either NFC or Bluetooth LE.
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods