MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- Apple reports growth in US Apple Pay acceptance
- US credit unions report increase in mobile payment transaction volumes
- Church of England doubles donations with contactless collection plates
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe