MasterCard has agreed to acquire NFC technology provider C-Sam. “C-Sam’s on-device application and back-end infrastructure will aid development efforts to enable consumers to use MasterPass both in-store and online across multiple communications technologies, including NFC, QR, barcodes and remote checkout,” says MasterCard. C-Sam’s NFC customers include DNP, Eftpos Australia, Isis, Starhub and TrustNordics.
- Wembley to let fans store contactless tickets in their Apple Wallet
- Amazon moves closer to rollout of automated stores
- Apple details its face detection algorithm
- Garmin Pay goes live in US, Switzerland, Russia and Australia
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay